It is with great excitement that I write to announce that Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) College of Law will host its Legacy Awards and Scholarship Gala on Friday, Nov. 16, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel, One Grand Cypress Blvd., Orlando, Florida 32836. This event, held during the Florida Classic weekend, will shine a light on the success stories of FAMU College of Law alumni, students and friends.
The FAMU College of Law Legacy Awards and Scholarship Gala will showcase individuals who are continuing our legacy of advocating for justice, including:
- John Due, Civil Rights Attorney and 1966 FAMU Law graduate
- Bishop Holified, Former FAMU General Counsel
- Frederick Humphries, eighth president of FAMU
- Bernard and Shirley Kinsey, community activists
- The Hon. Kelly Ingram, Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit and 2008 FAMU Law graduate
- The Hon.-Elect Amy Carter, Judge of the Ninth Judicial and 2008 FAMU Law graduate
- The Hon.-Elect Gabrielle Sanders, Judge of the Ninth Judicial Circuit and 2009 FAMU Law graduate
Rattlers For Justice Scholarship
In addition, we will recognize our first Rattlers for Justice — three current FAMU Law students whose efforts on campus or in the community exemplify our history of serving the underserved while working to make a transformative difference in the world. These students will each receive full-tuition scholarships for one year in honor of their selfless work.