The goals of the Dean’s Advisory Council include serving as ambassadors for the FAMU College of Law, advancing the mission of the law school in the legal, business and broader communities; serving in an advisory capacity to the administration and faculty in the evaluation of the College of Law and its educational programs; and supporting the College of Law’s efforts to attract and retain a diverse and high quality student body.
“The Dean’s Advisory Council will play a major role in ensuring that the FAMU College of Law is effectively integrated into the communities we serve,” said FAMU College of Law Interim Dean Nicky Boothe Perry. “We look forward to working with each of these community leaders as we move forward with our legacy of excellence and our responsibility to serve as a transformative force for the public good.”
Dean’s Advisory Council Chair John Crossman said, “This is an exciting time to be associated with the FAMU College of Law. I look forward to accomplishing many goals as we work together to build and strengthen ties with the greater Orlando community and this great College of Law.”
The FAMU College of Law Dean’s Advisory Council consists of the following distinguished professionals:
- Honorable Faye Allen, County Judge, Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- John Crossman, Dean’s Advisory Council Chair, CEO, Crossman & Company
- John F. Davis, Executive Vice President, Orlando Regional Chamber
- Honorable Jerry L. Demings, Mayor, Orange County
- Ava Doppelt, Shareholder, Allen, Dyer, Doppelt, + Gilcrest, P.A.
- Honorable Buddy Dyer, Mayor, City of Orlando
- Lindsay Greene, Partner, De Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal
- Donald R. Henderson, Shareholder, Mateer Harbert Attorneys at Law
- A. Noni Holmes-Kidd, General Counsel, Parkway Property investments, LLC
- Honorable Arthenia Joyner, former member of the Florida Senate and FAMU Law Alumna
- William L. “Bud” Kirk, Jr., Partner, Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell
- Jarian Lyons, Founding partner of Lyons & Lenoir, LLC and FAMU Law Alumnus
- Honorable Leticia Marques, Circuit Court Judge, Ninth Judicial District
- Christopher Monts, Founding Partner, Monts Law P.L. and FAMU Law Alumnus
- Nicky Boothe Perry, FAMU Law Interim Dean and Professor of Law
- Nizam Razack, Founder and President of Spine & Brain Neurosurgery Center and FAMU Law Alumnus
- Christina Redman, National Vice President of Partner Relations, Feeding Children Everywhere
- Gary Salzman, Shareholder, Garganese, Weiss, D’Agresta & Salzman, P.A.
- Rick Singh, Orange County Property Appraiser
- Honorable Emerson Thompson, Dean’s Advisory Council Vice Chair; Senior Judge, Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Roberta Walton, Self Help Center Manager, Orange County Clerk of Courts and FAMU Law Alumna
- Jéan Wilson, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, P.A.