Florida A&M University (FAMU) is in the process of a national search to find the most qualified candidate to serve as Dean of the FAMU College of Law. Please check this webpage for updates as this important process moves forward.
UPDATE FROM THE PROVOST
AUGUST 14, 2019
Dear faculty, staff, students and stakeholders,
I am writing to provide you with an update on the search for the next dean of the College of Law. As you are aware, a search was conducted during the past academic year. The search committee recommended three finalists for consideration. However, we have made the decision to relaunch the search, which will begin immediately. I will visit the College in the coming weeks to meet with the stakeholders and search committee members to discuss the timeline for the search process.
I want to sincerely thank the members of the search committee for their outstanding work. I look forward to working with the group as we move forward with this process.
Maurice D. Edington, Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
College of Law Dean Search Committee
The following individuals have agreed to serve on the search committee for the new dean of the Florida A&M University (FAMU) College of Law. Dr. David H. Jackson, Jr., Associate Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the School of Graduate Studies & Research, will serve as committee chair.
- Dr. David H. Jackson, Jr. (Associate Provost for Graduate Education and Dean of the School of Graduate Studies & Research)
- Ms. Sonja Boles-Melvin (Law School Registrar – College of Law)
- Ms. Patricia Broussard (Faculty – College of Law)
- Ms. Ann Marie Cavazos (Faculty – College of Law/Faculty Senate Rep.)
- Mr. Joseph Grant (Faculty – College of Law)
- Mr. Reginald Green (Associate Dean – College of Law)
- Mr. William Henslee (Faculty – College of Law)
- Ms. Yolanda Jones (Director of Law Library – College of Law)
- Dr. Valencia Matthews (Dean – College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities)
- Mr. Reginald Mitchell, Sr. (Director of Academic Success & Bar Prep – College of Law)
- Ms. Maritza Reyes (Faculty – College of Law)
Ms. Phyllis Taite(Faculty – College of Law) (served 1/28/2019 – 4/18/2019)
- Ms. Kenya Washington-Johnson (Faculty – College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities/Faculty Senate Rep.)
- Mr. Ryan Willis (Student – College of Law/SGA Rep.)
- Mr. Carlos Woody (Alumnus – College of Law)