Professor of Law
"I love teaching. I get pleasure from the classroom experience. Helping students maximize God-given talents keeps me young. Teaching permits me to put one foot in practice and one foot in theory. This duality is a wonderful foundation for the work in the academy."
As a visiting professor of law at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Professor Griffin served as a scholar and consultant in the specialized field of international trade and sales. He was invited to observe the hearings of the Meech Lake Accord, Canada's process for reconstructing its Constitution. His international study of law and culture has also included extended visits to Scotland, Ireland, South Africa and Japan.
Professor Griffin has published several articles including: Republicanism (Comment): How Can Blacks Revive a Constitutional Dream; Hill's Account: Law School, Legal Education and the Black Law Student; and Broadcast Advertising: What Has It Done to the Audience, A Prairie Perspective on Global Warming and Climate Change.
|Office Hours: ||Assistant : |
| Drop by, or schedule an appointment || |
| || |
| || |
Publications by Professor Griffin:
- "Ghana Journey: Private Investment, Public Funding and Domestic Reform," Private Law: Rights Duties & Conflicts, p. 605-624. (Edited by Sylvia M. Kierkegaard) International Association of International Trade Lawyers, 2010. (ISBN: 978-87-991385-8-6)
- "A Prairie Perspective on Global Warming and Climate Change: The Use of Law, Technology and Economics To Establish Private Sector Markets to Complement Kyoto," The Dynamics of Trade: Law and Economics, p. 313-329. (Edited by Sylvia M. Kierkegaard) International Association of International Trade Lawyers, 2008. (ISBN-10: 87-9911385-6-5; ISBN-13: 978-87-991385-6-2)
- "NAFTA," Encyclopedia of the Great Plains. University of Nebraska Press (2004).
- "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms," The Oxford Companion to American Law, p. 16-17. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2002. (Editor in Chief: Kermit L. Hall)
- "The Importance of Reinventing Oscar: Versions of Wilde during the Last 100 Years," The Trials of Oscar Wilde: The Intersection Between Law and Literature, p.57. Rodopi b.v. Holland. 2002. (Edited by Uwe Boker, Richard Corballis and Julie A. Hibbard.)
- "The Trials of Oscar Wilde: The Intersection Between Law and Literature" in Processes of Institutionalisation: Case Studies in Law, Prison and Censorship, p.83. Essen: Verl. Die Blaue Eule, 2001.
Articles & Presentations
- "Cybercrime " 7 J. Int'l Com. L. & Tech. issue 2 (2012) pp. 136
- "Articles Two and Nine: Recent Developments Under the Uniform Commercial Code," CLE-Program, College of Law, Washburn University, June, 2012.
- "Informational Divide: Cyberspace and the Creation of the New Ignorence," 9th Annual International Conference on Law, Athens Institute for Education and Research, Athens, Greece, July 17,2012.
- "Recent Developments: Bankruptcy and Uniform Commercial Code," CLE Program, College of Law, Washburn University, Topeka, Kansas, June 22, 2012.
- "Cybercrime," Discursive Framing, Perceptions, and Rumors: Fluid Challenges to Legal Catagories Panel, International Law and Society Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, June 7, 2012.
- "Ghana Journey: Private Investment, Public Funding and Domestic Reform," 6 Fla. A & M U. L. Rev.109 (2010).
- "A Prairie Perspective on Global Warming and Climate Change: The Use of Law, Technology, and Economics to Establish Private Sector Markets to Compliment Kyoto," 17 Se. Envtl. L.J. 95 (2008-2009)
- "Jubilee," 43 Wash. L.J. 353 (2004)
- "Equality: A Comparison of Three Countries." 23 U. Dayton L. Rev. 560 (1998).
Full Publications List